Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Confessions of a BAD BLOGGER!!

Well it's been AGES since i've blogged. I just haven't really been in the mood. I'm now 38 weeks pregnant, and i'm SO over it. I've been over it for ages, i know, but i'm now really struggling to sleep and do simple everyday tasks, like even hanging the washing out.

We had a pretty exciting weekend last weekend. On Friday morning i went into labour - i was having contractions very spuratically - between 2 and 15 minutes apart. Mid-afternoon i decided to call the hospital, and they told me to have a bath, so i did. This stopped the contractions! I went back into labour later that night, and was able to sleep really well that night. I got up Saturday morning, and went back into labour quite quickly. The contractions were now 2 to 5 minutes apart, so i told Jeremy that i was going to have a shower, then we were going to hospital. Once again, the contractions stopped when i got in the shower! Crazy! After that, the contractions were very spuratic again for the rest of the weekend, and have been on and off since then.

We're going to see the OB this afternoon, so it will be interesting to see what he says.

I've been very slow in the scrapping department lately. Here's what i've done recently:


Here's a double LO i did about our changing kitchen - the last big change that needed to happen, which was tiling our floor. I've got a picture below of the full double, then each side. I've used some of the yummy new Pink Paisley papers available at ScrapBoutique - my last little task as a celebrity designer there!




So, i haven't been doing much scrapping because i've been doing a lot of laying on the couch!! This means that i've done LOTS of knitting and crochet lately - plus even some cross-stitch!! All for baby of course. I finished a cute little jacket for baby (3 months) recently, but i haven't photographed it yet, so i'll pop it up when i've done that. So now i'm knitting a cute little jacket for him at 9 months - it's the first item i've ever knitted all in one piece, so it's quite an exciting knit for me! 

I'm also doing a crochet blanket to match his room - i've done 3 of 6 squares now, just starting on the 4th square. It's looking fab. I plan to make it 6 squares large for now, but i'm going to keep adding to it as i've got a total of 400g of the wool to do it in!! (ordered from bendigo of course). 

Plus, i'm working on a little cross-stitch for baby - a cute little Anchor kit with a baby bear asleep, and i'll put the name, DOB, weight etc. on it when he comes. It's looking pretty good so far. Very nearly finished it (as far as i can before bubs comes!!)

So, basically i'm just playing the waiting game at the moment. Trying to distract myself as best as possible during each day. Finding it very hard to trust the Lord with his good and perfect plan for us and our baby, especially with so many random contractions. He'll come when he's good and ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog :D