Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Getting my mojo back with some MME!

I've been feeling like i've lost my mojo a bit lately, so today with Calvin at daycare i shut myself inside my scrap room and made myself scrap, hoping that if i did a page my mojo would come flowing back! Not sure if it's flowing yet, but i'm super happy with what i came up with!!

MME has a monthly challenge which is usually based on a sketch and a theme. Plus, you have to use 80% or more MME product. The theme was "Winter", which i interpreted with the colours i used - shimmery silver and cool blues and greys :) I'm totally smitten with the new "Lost & Found" range that MME brought out this season - it's glittery and glamerous, but seems to match just about anything. I tried it on with a black and white photo today, and this is what i came up with:

Photobucket

Isn't it gorgeous? I'm particularly proud of this one because i started with no mojo and came out with a gorgeous page!! This photo is such a favourite of mine too - with Jeremy in focus, and Calvin blurred out in the background. SO lovely. Check out the lovely glitter on the die-cuts:

Photobucket\
Photobucket

For the title, i started with a chipboard piece and dressed it up with a bit of Tim Holtz 'Broken China' distress ink. I was so thrilled with the colour match, since the blue in these papers is pretty unusual!!

Photobucket

The other page i've done this year is a Christmas page based on PageMaps sketch. It was actually for a challenge, but i never managed to get it up on time (since my lack of mojo was making me scrap SO SLOW!!). I've used some really old Scenic Route paper, which i've always loved but just never got around to using!!

Photobucket

The stars that i've used are cut out from some matching PP and then put through the cuttlebug, which gives a really cute effect, don't you think?

Photobucket

In other news, everything is fairly back to normal up here in Brizzy now. For us, anyway. I wish i could say the same for the poor people in Brizzy that have been flooded. The waters have receeded, but the real hard work has started. Please continue to keep these people in your prayers.

Calvin is at daycare today and something i've started doing is going to the pool straight after i drop him off. It's nice to get in the cool water in such hot weather and also have some scheduled exercise. I hope this is something i can keep up.

I have a job interview on Friday at a local lab for a materials engineering job. I'm not sure how to feel about it, but i'm going to give it my best shot. It's strange to think about going back to work, which i figured that i would never get a part time job in engineering!!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous layouts. I especially love the title work on your MME layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog :D