Friday, October 21, 2011

The Craft Garden

I recently put in a design team application for The Craft Garden's challenge blog, and to my shear amazement, they have decided to take me on board!! The Craft Garden is a UK based site that encourages crafting of all sorts (not just scrapbooking!!) with a monthly challenge. I'll be contributing towards this challenge over the next 6 months, so i hope you'll drop in and follow me over that time!!!

It's been a very busy couple of weeks for me, but in all the business i've managed to (somehow!!) do some crafting. I've been working on a crochet blanket with some yummy Noro silk garden sock yarn. It's a ravelry pattern called Sunny Spread, by Ellen Gormley, and i was inspired to do this as a throw for my red and brown lounge suite. This is the blanket that inspired me:

Isn't it gorgeous? I've been wanting to do a Noro project for a while - one that really shows off the beauty of the yarn. I think this is it!!! I've done about 25 circles so far - no where near enough. THat's just from 1 ball, so i've just ordered 2 more - can't wait to get them!! My plan is to do all of the circles before i even contemplate the outside border, though i think i'll end up doing it in a sports weight off white - maybe a Biggan or Cascade (whatever is cheaper at the time!!). Here's what my blanket looks like so far:

Photobucket

No much, but it's getting there!!! This hot Brisbane spring weather isn't very inspiring to make a blanket, but if i don't do it now it won't be able to be used next winter!!! It's hard for non-knitters to appreciate how we knitters like to do it all year round, even though it's too hot for our hands!!!

I've been managing a spot of scrapping too! Here's one of my recent pages. I made it for the Scrapboutique Passion 4 Fashion comp - this week was 'Grunge'. I had heaps of fun with it, creating my own background from a Pink Paisley mist able and some glimmer mist, chalkboard glimmer mist and some october afternoon sprinkles. Lots of stitching and crochet elements from My Vintage Blossoms plus a bit of doodling. Not to mention that AWESOME digger chipboard piece!!!

Photobucket

Speaking of competitions, remember how i was doing that sketch-a-day comp in September? Well, on top of 30 great layouts for my album, i won second place!! So i'm getting the new Echo Park range to play with :D So, a bit shout out to Scrapbooking From Scratch for hosting such a generous competition - i can't wait to get my prize in the mail and start playing with it. Thanks heaps Peta!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog :D